Sunday, December 13, 2009

Does the high heat your body gives off when you have a high fever enough to kill acne bacteria?

Your body turns hot when you have a fever so that it will ';burn'; the infection away right? But, does this heat-killing affect the acne bacteria enough to kill it? I noticed that when I have a fever, I never get acne.Does the high heat your body gives off when you have a high fever enough to kill acne bacteria?
The difference between your core temperature and the temperature at your skin is significant. I don't think even a high temperature will raise your skin temperature high enough to affect bacteria there. If it did, during fevers our skin would be sterile and that is never true. Sorry.





As for your observation of fever and not getting acne, this is likely to be just a coincidental finding. I think you would have to have a fever for at least a week while the acne clears up to be able to make some connection between the two occurrences.Does the high heat your body gives off when you have a high fever enough to kill acne bacteria?
Your body is fighting the infection - and you get dehydrated.


So your skin is likely less oily ?





It could be why - your skin is healthier while you have a fever. If it is and you feel better follow up fighting it with a good 'regime' acne wash, toner and spot cream and lots of water -


to flush out your tissues.
I don't believe it is quite burning the infection away nor do I think it would have any effect on acne, so I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan