Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can pregnancy acne occur before my missed period?

I've developed acne on my forehead, back, and chest over the last 3 weeks. This is not normal for me. My period is now 1 week late, and I'm wondering if this acne may be pregnancy related. Can pregnancy acne occur before my missed period?
Acne can be a sign of a hormone imbalance. I would take a pregnancy test if it is negative your probably not pregnant, but I would definitely call your doctor and tell them your late. If you are also under a lot of stress lately that can cause a delayed period and break outs.Can pregnancy acne occur before my missed period?
Yes, acne usually develops in the first trimester due to increased progesterone activity. But it could also be that your period is late and the progesterone released by the corpus luteum is causing you breakouts. Pregnancy or not, acne breakouts can develop a few days after ovulation.
It sure could be. I break out terrible the first trimester. Take a test to be sure. Go see a Dr. if it comes up negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan