Thursday, June 24, 2010

Will mild acne hurt my chances of getting hired for food service?

I don't have really bad acne, but only mild acne. Will the employer throw my application in the trash after they see my face?Will mild acne hurt my chances of getting hired for food service?
No, they shouldn't. If they do, I'm pretty sure you could take legal action of some sort.





Most people have some sort of acne anyways. If they didn't hire people that have acne, I'm pretty sure that there'll be hardly anybody working. So you'll be just fine. =]





If you're super worried about it though, maybe use some concealer. I know a guy wearing make-up sounds a bit strange, but concealer will tone down the redness of the pimples.





Or maybe you could purchase some clearasil. =]





Goodluck on getting a job! =]Will mild acne hurt my chances of getting hired for food service?
it shouldn't cus thats discrimination
it shouldn't. discrimination is illegal.
If they do...SUE THEM!
No, of course not! When you go for an interview, they will want to get an idea of your personality and how you handle stressful situation and any previous skills you might have that can help you with the job. So win them over with your charm and wit. Believe me, acne, no matter how bad you have it, will not affect you chances at getting the job. If you acne becomes bad you should see a Dermatologist and get a prescription to help you get rid of it, or you can try some natural stuff they sell in health food stores, like my son used. Wish I could remember the name??? Be confident in yourself, because that is what the future employer will want to see. Hope you get the job!
Noone will tell you that straight out, but probably it will ....
I wouldn't think so, but I dunno for sure.
as a general manager of a texas road house here in sierra vista let me calm your nerves by letting you know that when iam considering someone for a job there face has nothing to do with it. i look at work history experience and age. some jobs u have to be atleast 19. so just go in there with a posative attitude and if u dont get a call back after a day feel free to give a call to the manager or swing in when its not busy and just check up on ur application. alot of people think it might annoy the manager but gor me it shows intrest in the job and i like that kind of enthusiamsim
I think they like someone with a good image, but I highly doubt it will affect your chances at getting a job.





don't worry about it, just go in to the interview %26amp; do your best. Don't be self-conscious about it or you might screw up.





I've seen people with horrible acne in food services- with like pocket scars and everything.. your application won't get thrown away because of that. GOOD LUCK!!
you are no doubt allergic to SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE......get rid of your shampoo now and try something organic but, be carefull to read the back and MANE SURE THERE IS NO SLS in it..........i swear that i know what im talking about here, please take my advice and you will only need about 2 weeks to see MAJOR RESULTS!
It will hurt you if it isn't mild acne. Just wash your face, use some clearasil (I used to use the kind with mild foundation to make it not as glaringly obvious) an you should be okay.
Image and presentation is always a consideration for any job. However, if you give a good interview, seem eager, and have a good resume', then these should be more important. Make a good effort to try to clear your skin (as much as possible) before the interview -- buy an acne regimen kit (Clean%26amp;Clear, AcneFree, or Neutrogena should be enough to get rid of mild acne) and give it two weeks for results.





Many teens and 20-somethings have acne, so it won't be some shocking surprise for an applicant to have some blemishes. Don't stress out too much about it, and just try to make a good impression as much as possible -- be clean and neat in your dress and haircut. These will make a good impression, too.





Good luck -- with some effort, you will be able to clear your skin, and you'll also land a job that you want!
Depends on whether or not you are working the back or the front of the house.
It shouldnt affect the employer decision unless you look oily and dirty. Just be neat and smart. All should go well.
OMG. No...
i doubt they would if they did sue them lolz


:)..they shouldnt hire based on looks
would you want a dude with pimples making your tacos.. HELL NAH.. id sock that vato in the head and then stab his eye. my friend caitlyn has pimples and i always stab he eye.


YOU ARE HEALED
No I dont think so but if you are worried see a dermogolist
possibly


hopefully not though


maybe see a chemist to get a cream for your skin. I used one that cleared my skin up heaps fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan