Thursday, June 24, 2010

What can I do about simulataneous wrinkles and acne?

I'm 30. I'm over it. All of the products I use make one worse. If I go to a dermatologist, what will they recommend? Anyone have any luck with over-the-counter stuff?


TIA.What can I do about simulataneous wrinkles and acne?
I have the problem of very dry skin and acne at the same time, and I'm guessing treating wrinkles with acne would be similar to treating dry skin with acne. Over the counter acne stuff makes dry skin worse, and I'm guessing it would make wrinkles worse.





Here's what has really helped me with my dry skin and acne, might sound weird at first: Jojoba oil mixed with tea tree oil somewhere between 10:1 and 20:1 (jojoba : tea tree).





I apply this every night, then every morning I put a very small amount of tea tree oil undiluted on my spots (do not put undiluted tea tree oil all over your face!). Then I add a few drops of jojoba oil to my day moisturiser and apply that over my face.





I won't go into too much detail about why this works, you can find this info on the internet. I'll just say jojoba is very similar to human sebum, which is why it's a great moisturiser to help with your wrinkles, and it doesn't block pores, and actually helps unblock pores!





Tea tree oil is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, so helps kill the bacteria that cause acne.





Here is info about jojoba oil and reviews by acne sufferers:





http://www.acne.org/jojoba-oil.php


http://www.acne.org/jojoba-oil-reviews/1鈥?/a>








Also make sure you moisturise for your wrinkles and wear a sunscreen whenever you're out in the sun. Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle moisturiser with SPF 15 has good reviews on acne.org from acne sufferers:





http://www.acne.org/eucerin-q10-anti-wri鈥?/a>





The site acne.org is a brilliant resource for acne, it has tons of information, treatment reviews, and a forum. The guy who created it, Dan, has suffered from acne all his life, and has helped many people get over their acne.





So go for something like:





--Morning--


Gently dab a few drops of undiluted tea tree oil on spots


Eucerin Q10 anti-wrinkle moisturiser with a few drops of jojoba oil





--Evening--


Jojoba oil with tea tree oil (something like 15:1) - massage all over face with clean hands (for eye area maybe just pure jojoba as tea tree makes it feel like you're crying - don't get any tea tree oil in your eyes)





Also make sure you don't touch your spots, and eat healthily. Plenty of water every day, good quality omega 3 supplements great for skin health, lots of fresh fruit and veg, try to lower your dairy, white flour (white pasta, white bread) and sugar intake.





Superfoods like blueberries and acai help acne and wrinkles. Maybe try Lipovox, which was featured on Oprah, it contains extracts of about 10 super foods, and is apparently great for both wrinkles and acne - I would try it but it has green tea and therefore caffeine, which I can't tolerate. I think treating both conditions from the inside out works better than outside in, but do both and you should be fine.





Hope this helps, good luck!








EDIT: Found this and it should help with wrinkles and acne, homemade antioxidant toner, put it on after cleansing and before moisturizing: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/GREEN-T鈥?/a>What can I do about simulataneous wrinkles and acne?
I would ask your doc if you haven't already done so, for prescription of Retin-A Gel...strength will be judged by the severity of your Acne.


Retin-A gel is a exfoliater sloughs off dead cells and stops new blemishes forming. It worked for me and it's know to help with wrinkles.
I had the same problem. There is a lot of junk out there - but I found this stuff that got rid of my


acne in 3 days..... Here is the review I found on it..





webreviewpanel.com/index.php?id=75

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan